miss-dashwood

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 17 August 2013

Let's Have Those Quote Quiz Answers

Posted on 17:48 by riya
Time for the answers to our quote quiz! (And some quotes have pictures and some do not.  Simply because I didn't feel like finding pictures for each one).  



1.
"You're like an ocean breeze. Not that you smell like fish or anything."
~Felix King, Road to Avonlea ("Woman of Importance," season 7)


2.
Algernon Moncrieff: "Oh! I am not really wicked at all, cousin Cecily. You mustn't think that I am wicked."
Cecily Cardew: "If you are not, then you have certainly have been deceiving us all in a very inexcusable manner. I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy."
~The Importance of Being Earnest (1952)

3.
Isabella Knightley: "You are behaving strangely, not yourself. You did not wish to go to dinner with the Cavendishes. You did not want to take the boys to find frogs in the park."
John Knightley: "Some might say that hesitation was a perfectly normal response to both those invitations."
~Emma (2009)

4.
"I was looking for a draft of noble Norman wine, when down in the cellar I found this infidel. I was going to beat his brains out but I took pity upon his gray hair and converted him then and there."
~Friar Tuck, Ivanhoe (1982)

5.
"Remember your manners. And don't forget to cross your ankles decently when you sit down. And don't sit in a draft, either. And don't slide down the banisters."
~Mrs. Harris, Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987)


6.
"Well, the King is well pleased with you. All charges have been dropped. We're still going to hang you of course, but I'll spare the drawing and quartering."  [stunned silence]  "That was a joke."
~Judge Jeffreys, Lorna Doone (2000)

7.
"But, uh, Pearl... if the little bird cannot see... AND cannot fly... how is he in the sky?"
~Ruby Pratt, Lark Rise to Candleford (episode 2, season 4)

8.
Prince Albert: "As a matter of interest, will a time come when I read them first?"
Baron Stockmar: "You'll enjoy this. She has a real flair for description."
~The Young Victoria (2009)


9.
William Pitt: "Why is it you only feel the thorns in your feet when you stop running?"
William Wilberforce: "Is that some sort of heavy-handed metaphorical advice for me, Mr. Pitt?"
~Amazing Grace (2006)

10.
"And if that doesn't leave me without a stain on my conscience, I don't know what it doesn't leave me without a stain on."
~Bertie Wooster, Jeeves and Wooster (don't remember the episode, though... sorry!)



11.
"I strongly object to the Navy. It brings people of obscure birth into undue distinction and it cuts up a man's youth and vigor most horribly!"
~Sir Walter Elliot, Persuasion (1995)

12.
Jo March: "You plastered yourself on him!"
Meg March: "It's proper to take a gentleman's arm if it's offered."
~Little Women (1994)


And our winner is... Melody, with 22 points out of the possible 32!  And I didn't rig this. Honest.  She's just seen a lot of the movies I've seen.  :P
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Les Miserables 2012: Part Three
    "Common sense may tell you that the ending will be sad, and now's the time to break and run away..." ~Julie Jordan, "What...
  • Masked Cast Interviews: Isabella Rovirosa
    Isabella Rovirosa plays Suzanne James in Masked .   (Suzanne's character, for the curious, is based partly on Armand St. Just and partl...
  • Celebrate Musicals Week: Quote Quiz
    "Far too many quotes for my taste, and none of them about Christine." ~Andre and Firmin, "Notes" ( tweaked slightly ) Th...
  • The Depth of Two Years' Friendship
    Today is my blog-o-versary. Or blog-a-versary. Or blog-i-versary. Or any of the above without the dashes. Or whatever you want to call it. I...
  • Half-Baked, Half-Begun, and All That Jazz
    What ho, followers all! It is my very great pleasure today to share with you a little Announcing Thing-- in short, news of a New Blog on the...
  • That Really Long Post About Enjolras
    "The processes of revolution have always been the same, and to lead men into them there have always been required, first, a cause or pr...
  • Visit With Ally (because I couldn't think of a cleverer title)
    Helloooooo!  This is Amy-- Ally made me start this.  Here we sit on her sofa giggling, which is pretty typical for what the week has been so...
  • I'd Like to Share: September 2013
    Our nominees are in for the September edition of I'd Like to Share! In the Inspirational category... Gwyn May nominated Petie for My Ma...
  • Celebrate Musicals Week: The Original Cast Recording (1986)
    With all the fuss I'm making this week over Phantom of the Opera, particularly my favorite version (25th anniversary), it seems only fa...
  • Les Miserables: What They Were Really Thinking
    All accurate quotations taken from the Complete Symphonic Recording libretto, aka The Whole Doggone Thing (The Actual Musical, That Is).  Al...

Categories

  • a Christlike life
  • a study in style
  • Anne-girl
  • anniversary
  • announcements
  • author interviews
  • awards
  • birthdays
  • blog events
  • blogging
  • bookish chats
  • books
  • Celebrate Musicals week
  • characters
  • controversial topics
  • corset
  • Emma
  • Emma: Homeschool Edition
  • enjolras
  • fashion
  • Fly Away Home
  • friends
  • Gavroche
  • giveaway
  • guest posting
  • hair
  • helpful hints
  • holidays
  • humor
  • I'd Like to Share
  • interviews
  • Jane Austen
  • Jane Eyre
  • Jeeves and Wooster
  • Les Miserables
  • life
  • little letters
  • love
  • Mary Poppins
  • Masked
  • Melody
  • monthly book round-up
  • movie reviews
  • movies
  • musical theatre
  • musicals
  • My Fair Lady
  • New Year's
  • nonsense
  • Only a Novel
  • period drama
  • period drama fashion week
  • Petie's Visit
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • podcasts
  • questions
  • quizzes
  • quotes
  • ramblings
  • random
  • Saving Mr. Banks
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • sewing
  • Sherlock
  • sisters
  • songs
  • stories
  • tags
  • tea
  • The Glorious Visit
  • The Janeite Adventurers
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • The Trip
  • theatre
  • Up
  • videos
  • Visit With Ally
  • vlog
  • watch-along
  • web series
  • writing

Blog Archive

  • ►  2017 (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
  • ►  2016 (9)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2015 (24)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2014 (60)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ▼  2013 (54)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (18)
    • ▼  August (5)
      • Do Not Forget
      • Let's Have Those Quote Quiz Answers
      • I'd Like to Share
      • Let's Have Another Quote Quiz
      • Why I'm Not an Advocate of "Traditional" Marriage
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (1)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

riya
View my complete profile